Friday, May 20, 2011

Spring Soccer

Parker played on his first organized sports team and I got to be the coach.  I have to admit that I was a little apprehensive at first, but when no one else volunteered I decided to do it.  I was in charge of a twenty minute practice before each game and then 'calling' the game, which is just enforcing the basic rules at this age.  It was a little scary at first because I didn't know what I was doing, nor did the kids.  But we all got better as the season progressed.  It was actually fun to get to know all of the kids and watch them get better.  It helped that Parker loved having his Mom as the coach.  Parker loved the idea of being on a soccer team and having a jersey.  He even got to be on the same team as his little neighbor friend, Isaac.  Parker wasn't too aggressive when it came to playing at first.  He would kick the ball if it came to him and nobody else got it first.  It was fun to see him get better and even get a few breakaways to the goal towards the end.  We are so proud of our little soccer player!







No comments: