Sunday, September 21, 2008

Baby Autumn

On Thursday, September 18th, we arrived at the hospital at 6AM. I have to admit that I was very excited to know that I would soon be able to hold our little girl, but I was also pretty nervous about being induced. Everything happened so fast from there, that I didn't have a chance to get too nervous. They started me just before 7AM and by 10:30 AM, I was holding little Autumn in my arms. Autumn Dorene was born at 10:16 AM. She weighed 7 lbs. 15 ozs. and was 20 inches long. She is so sweet and it has been humbling to have this new little spirit in our home. Parker loves to hold her and give her kisses. Whenever she makes a noise or a funny face, he tries to imitate it. I am impressed at how gentle he has been with her. We are still readjusting to sleepless nights, with never ending diaper changes and feedings, but we feel so blessed each time we hold her in our arms.









33 comments:

Brandy and Pauls Family said...

Aww look how tiny she is, and her little bow in her hair. She is so cute guys. Congrats.

Jill Collier said...

She is so sweet, congrats you guys! You will love having a little girl and good luck with those sleepless nights, yuck! I love all her dark hair, she is beautiful!

Jill said...

That one in the carseat is adorable. She's so teeny! Can't wait to get to hold her again when I am over this sickness.

JoEllen said...

Congrats!! She is adorable!

brittani c. said...

Laura and Paul, she is BEAUTIFUL. No wonder Parker is in love with her. Congratulations :)

EJNielsen said...

What a beauty! Congrats you guys!

Melissa said...

Parker is the big guy now, but I have a feeling that sweet little baby girl will be running the show! :-) You can see his gentleness in that pic where he's giving her a kiss - his little fingers resting on her blankets are so cute. Hope she is letting you get a little rest and that you are all settling in. LOVE you guys!

Unknown said...

Hey Mooch- She is beautiful. I think you did a great job! ha ha ha
Parker is one happy, well adjusted little "big brother". Paul you didn't do too bad, yourself! Love you all :)
Oh and yes the one in the carseat is my favorite too. So tiny!

barbaraence said...

I'm glad it went fast for you!!! She is beautiful :)

Uffens Family said...

Congratulations- I have been checking every day to see if she was here yet! She is absolutely beautiful! Sounds like everyone is doing well :) I hope Annie does as well as Parker!

Danelle said...

I especially love the one in the carseat too. She is just so dang cute.

Danelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danielle said...

Awww, she's perfect. Just so tiny and little and sweet. Hopefully I can meet her in person sometime. Heck, I havn't even met Parker in person yet...we need to take care of that!
Congratulations.

The Murdocks said...

Congratulations!!!! She is precious!!
Brieann

George and Caralee said...

Another Beauty! Way to go you two. Glad to hear all went well.
Love to you all!

Victoria Blanchard said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! In the second to last picture, I think she looks similar to Parker. I can't believe it was 2 years ago I visit taught you and held Parker as a baby and now he's a big brother! I love the picture of your family all together at the end! Miss you!

Meredith Richardson said...

She's adorable, Laura! She looks so sweet. And Parker is still too cute. What a nice family you guys are! I hope I get the chance to see you again and catch up soon.

Jenn said...

So precious! Congratulations!! You have a beautiful family!

Andrew and Trena said...

She is so beautiful!!! i cant wait to see her... we will have to come visit soon. Congratz guys! We love ya!

Rosander said...

Congrats!!!!!!! That so awesome! She is such a doll. Girls are fun, I don't know about boys because I don't have any yet, but I can tell you that girls are a blast!

Katie said...

Oh, what a beautiful baby she is! You look great Laura! I am so happy everything went so well. I cant wait to meet her!

carrie said...

Congrats! She is beautiful and I love the name Autumn:)

Leah said...

Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well!

-Leah

Andrea Cutler said...

What a sweet baby! You all make such a cute little family. Take care, we'll have to catch up with you next time we are in Provo! Cutlers

Kate said...

Congratulations! I hope you do not mind I copied a picture of your cute family and posted in on the OCM blog for all to see. :)

Julia said...

She's beautiful! Congrats! I love the name!

Jenna said...

Congratulations on little Autumn! She is adorable!

Melynda said...

YAY!!! I have been watching and waiting to see this little girl :) She is beautiful and I am SO glad everything went well...and quick! How are you feeling Laura? You look great! I bet you are happy that she is here :) Well keep the pictures coming so we can see more of her!

Ryan said...

congrats on the baby girl!

Brey, Hillary, Leila & Lydia said...

Good work! she is so precious!

Shelly Hyde said...

You guys have done it again.. she is a little doll. She has the most beautiful lips... congrats.

David said...

Four thumbs up. Belated Congrats from Connie and Sugi

Sabby said...

She is tiny and so adorable, Congrats!