Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Trying to Catch Up...

Where do I begin? It has been a really long time since my last post. Time has been flying so fast that I haven't had time to sit down and collect my thoughts, much less keep all of my blog-watchers posted on our life. But I will now attempt to update you.

With the help of many ward members, family and friends, we finally moved on December 8th. It was not a perfect day for moving, as there was quite a bit of snow. But with a lot of help, and the fact that we were literally moving around the corner, we accomplished it in a couple of hours. I was truly humbled as I watched our elders quorum carry our heavy furniture up 2 flights of stairs in the snow. I am so grateful for the friends that helped move our stuff, unpack and organize our new place and the meals we received during this crazy move that happened to fall right before Paul's finals. I have found new meaning in Spencer W. Kimball's quote: “God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. Therefore, it is vital that we serve each other..."

After the move, Paul had 2 weeks of finals. We used the time after finals to do our last bit of Christmas shopping and then headed off to Houston for Christmas (more on that in my next post).

We are now beginning to feel settled in. It is great to have everything out of boxes and into its new home. Now I get to work on putting up curtains and pictures and all of that fun stuff. I really do like that part.

I am happy to be settled into our new apartment. Paul has officially started his second semester and he thinks it will be harder than the first. But after last semester, with our uncertain living arrangement and then our crazy move during Paul's finals, things can only get easier.

Glad to be back on the blog. Below are some pictures of us getting settled in to our new place, well, Parker getting settled in to our new place. I hope that you see these first, Kelly.






Moving makes us all tired!

3 comments:

Andrew and Trena said...

holla! from boston! thANKS for the updATE! looking forward to regular updates now of your family....love ya1

andrew

Uffens Family said...

Man I feel like you were packing for a LONG time! Glad to see you are getting settled! Always nice to get those moves over with!
Hey how was the reunion??

Cara said...

glad to see that you're settled in. Did you hear that I'm Kelly's new teacher at church--I'm so lucky. In the middle of class I bragged about how I know her aunt. Anyways your new place is looking good but you should have come hang w/ Chiz and I...don't worry we'll see you again..but you're going to be so jealous if I ever post the pictures of her and I on the blog. We visited the ol' apartment. I don't know why Ben (the Australian one), or Hubbel, or Ryan, or any of those ol' people weren't around.