Saturday, June 28, 2008

Provo Triathlon

Last weekend, Paul completed his first triathlon. He has been planning on doing some triathlons for the past couple of years and he finally took the plunge. He decided to do a sprint triathlon (700 meter swim(I think), 20k bike, 5k run) here in Provo. He officially signed up just the day before and was up and ready to go, early the next morning. Parker and I enjoyed watching and cheering him on. Paul probably couldn't hear, but Parker gave a "Go Dada" every time we saw him. (Although, that was followed by crying, because he really wanted his Dad and was upset when he realized he was just passing by.)

Paul says he is just happy to have finished. He did great and we are proud of him. Hopefully, there will be more triathlons to come! (Sorry about the horrible pictures. You can barely find Paul in most of them.)

Coming out from the swim (by the big orange buoy)

Getting on his bike (red shirt)

Starting the run

All finished! (Parker finally got his Dad)

9 comments:

Ryan said...

Way to go paul. My wife is training for a triathlon too, later this month.

Andrew and Trena said...

holla! way to go paul! you are an inspiration to us....we have been jogging for the last month or so. trying to get in shape! hehe thats awesome that you did a triathlon!

Rebecca Jackson said...

Great job! I don't think I could get past the first event, let alone the whole thing.

Victoria Blanchard said...

Way to go, Paul! Fun, huh? I did my first (also sprint) last year and loved it too! I'm doing another one here in NY in August!

Rosander said...

Way to go Paul! That is quite an accomplishment.

barbaraence said...

What a wonderful accomplishment!!

Danelle said...

Way to go Paul!! I am so surprised that I did not even know about this. hmm Well that is so cool. I think I would like to try one, but am quite afraid of the swim.

Unknown said...

How cool Paul. That would have been fun to watch. My only question is...why didn't you run, Laura? ha ha ha Love you!

brittani c. said...

Congrats, Paul!! That is incredible. Maybe next time Laura can do one with you ;)