Sunday, August 31, 2008

We Moved!

Why the move, you ask? Backyard, backyard, backyard! Parker loves having some room to run and get dirty. Between me being big and pregnant and the two flights of stairs we used to have to go up and down, we didn't get out much. We did need a little more space and I was anxious to get away from the stairs. Thanks to everyone who helped us move and watched Parker during this busy time!

As you can see, Parker just loves our 'new house,' as he calls it. The neighbors, who share the duplex with us, have a little boy who is just a few months older than Parker. It is so fun for Parker to have a playmate and nice for me to have another mom to chat with during the day. We love our new home and are pretty much all settled in now. Paul is back in school and also interviewing quite a bit for next summer internships. Life is getting quite busy once again. It will only get more busy with a new little one in a few weeks, but we are so excited to meet our little girl.

Backyard fun! Catching water from the sprinkler in his little bowl.


The previous tenants left us a great tomato garden. As I have mentioned before, Parker loves tomatoes (as do Paul and I) and can often be found picking one off the vine himself and biting into it. Here he is eating tomatoes and cheese with his favorite friend, Fuzzy (his stuffed bear).

Running in the backyard. His favorite game, since we have been here is baseball. He loves to have you hold the mitt and pitch him the ball. Surprisingly, he can actually hit it with his little bat! And sometimes, he will 'run the bases,' which means he runs the length of the yard and back.

Another thing Parker likes to do these days is to sing with all of his animals. We usually sing primary songs and I move their heads and make different voices for each one. Parker likes to line them up (or have me line them up) and then sit in the group with them while we sing. Here he is with all of them in his new room.

Here are some pictures of our new place. It is mostly put together now, with a few things left to finish up. You will see pretty much everything except the bathroom and our room (it is still the least put together). Maybe I will add more later.

Living Room:

Parker's (and Autumn's) Room:


The Kitchen:

**I do need to add a little tribute to my husband, although he does not like when I do this. Our big move was on my birthday. After a long day of heavy lifting and furniture arranging, he took me out to a great dinner at Ruby River and a surprise birthday picnic in the canyon, complete with birthday balloons (thanks Jill), flowers, birthday cookies and Sparkling cider in fancy glasses. I have a wonderful husband, who goes out of his way to make me feel special. Thanks Paul!

8 comments:

Victoria Blanchard said...

Happy belated birthday! I got your card in the mail! Congrats on your move---I'm so glad you get to have a yard, and probably more space, I assume! Parker is so cute and so big! I can't believe it! I'm sure you'll be going into labor any day now---good luck! I'm thinking of you!

brittani c. said...

You moved? And on your b-day? Who's idea was that when you are in such delicate condition. I'm glad the move went well and that Parker is loving his new backyard. Happy late birthday :)

Danielle said...

Isn't it nice to have a backyard to send the lil' rascals out to play in? We still need to let our Parker's play together sometime.

Jill said...

You moved, you'll have to send me your address. What do you think about a mini Riverside get together in Oct? I've already told you this, but Parker is going to be an ALLSTAR!!

Andrew and Trena said...

holla! it looks like Parker is having fun in the backyard. We wish we had fences so Jordan could run around in our backyard. LEt us know when autumn comes....we are gonna come down!

carrie said...

We found you! lOVE YOUR BLOG! You guys are such a cute family!

Emily said...

It's been so long since I have visited! Backyards are the best. We have a tiny one, but all the same we are thrilled to have it. What exciting updates and Parker looks so handsome in his BYU hat too.

Unknown said...

You guys moved?? Wow! Are you in a different ward now then? Hope all is well and Congrats on your new baby girl! Take care and keep in touch!