Parker seems more grown up every day. He pulls words and phrases out of no where. For instance, today when I told him I was going to get him a little bit of ice cream, he said, 'No, I want quite a bit.' How did he even learn that phrase? I don't know. He is attached to his bear, Fuzzy (who is currently being called Oso) and wants him to go everywhere with him.
Right now, Parker is hooked on being in character. Let me explain... If he has been watching or reading Tigger and Pooh, then all of the sudden he is Roo, I am Kanga, Paul is Tigger and Autumn is Buster. If he is in to Barney, then he is BJ, I am Baby Bop, Paul is Barney and Autumn is 'Friend.' But his favorite is Monsters, Inc, He is Randall, Paul is Sully, I am Mike and Autumn is Boo. When we are in Monsters, Inc phase, he will only call me Mike. If I say 'please bless Autumn' in a prayer, he quickly chimes in 'please bless Boo.' When we were at the beach and he was getting to close to the water, I was calling to him, "Parker, Parker, come back here please." I finally got a little closer to make sure he heard me and he said, "No, I'm Randall!" So I called him Randall and he did exactly what I was asking him to do and with a big smile on his face. It is really funny because he does it with everyone. I do wonder what people at the grocery store are thinking when he calls me Mike and I respond as if there is nothing strange about that.
Autumn crawls on all fours now, but still drops down to the army crawl when she wants to move fast. She pulls herself up to her feet on the couch and other small tables and chairs. She has figured out that whatever anyone else is doing, is a lot more fun than exploring on her own. So she wants to play with whatever toy Parker is playing with or play with that fun toy that Mom is always typing away on. As soon as you drop whatever it is you had that she wants, she is no longer interested in it. She loves to repeat sounds that she hears; she squeals, laughs, roars like a dinosaur, smacks her lips, etc after she hears you do it. She has reached the 'I only want my Mommy' stage. It was so sad a week or so ago when she was sick, she would actually start crying when I gave her to Paul. She is not quite that bad when she is feeling well. She claps really well now and you can tell she is so proud of herself. She loves to clap and bounce to music. We love our little Parker and Baby Autumn!

1 comment:
Your kids are gorgeous! I love that they are such little buddies!
Post a Comment