- We have been to a lot of parks. We found a couple on our own and then were told about a few to check out. There are some really neat parks around here. We have also visited a few different mall playgrounds. (Fuzzy also comes along sometimes.)
- We went to story time at the beginning of May. Parker loved it. It was fun, interactive and the kids got to sit on animal shaped pillows. Then we found out it was the last one until after we are gone. But we still go to the library to check out books. This is Parker reading a book with Fuzzy at the library. I thought it was so funny that Parker put him in the seat next to him. (And Fuzzy's beady little eyes look so funny just barely peeking over the table.)
- We have been going to one park every morning with Parker's friend, Molly, and her Mom, Darci. We put our kids in the stroller and walk for about 45 minutes (on the really nice paved trail) and then let them play at the park for a little while.
- Darci and Molly invited us to their neighborhood pool.
- We play a lot at home. The Jenson's have some blocks that Parker loves and some posters that Autumn loves. Parker likes to play outside with the rocks on the gravel path and on the trampoline. Although, Parker's favorite thing to do when we first got here was play 'Pretty Pretty Princess.' I don't think Paul was happy about that because he hid it for a while. But now we just play snakes with the necklaces.
- Nap times have been crazy. Parker usually plays around for a while and then falls asleep somewhere on the ground in his room (that is, when he does actually fall asleep).
- Parker also likes to play with Josh. He is older and so cool. He is the son of Paul's law school friend, Dave (who also is here for an internship). His wife, Melissa, is from this area, so we have hung out at her parents house a couple of times. They have lots of fun toys and things to do. Parker just loves to follow Josh around.
- Just recently, I made a last minute decision to take the kids on a trip on the ferry to Bainbridge Island. It is the island just across the Sound from Seattle. It was such a fun little place, with tons of shops. I wish I had more time to look around, but I had to get back before my parking meter expired. Yes, Parker is in his PJ's!
- Kristen, our upstairs neighbor has also been someone we have hung out with a few times. She has been so nice to show us the neighborhood park, take us to the dog park and accompany us to the beach.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
While Paul's at Work...
Parker, Autumn and I have tried to keep ourselves busy while Paul is at work all day. Here are a few things that we have been doing:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are already coming back? Short internship, hu?
I'm impressed with how much you have done, and how many friends you have made in a short time! I'm pretty sure if I went to a new place like that I would not meet anyone.
Looks like you're having so much fun! I'm so glad!
Post a Comment