One afternoon, Parker, Autumn and I were playing "Go Fish," a popular game in our house right now. While I shuffled the cards to start a new game, I was struck with the thought that I needed to be teaching my kids about the gospel. I decided to teach them a new primary song. I chose one of my favorites, "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus." Parker excitedly announced that he knew that song from Primary. So we started singing. I felt overwhelmed by the spirit and I was happy that I was given this thought to sing with my children. When all of the sudden, Parker said, "Hey, I feel the spirit!" I had been hoping that Parker and Autumn were feeling the feelings of the Spirit that come when we are talking about the Savior. So I was glad when Parker told me, but I was amazed that he recognized it.
I asked, "How do you know you are feeling the spirit?"
He answered, "Because I am feeling warm in my tummy and I don't even have a blanket on."
I guess that is a great way to describe it! I am so thankful for moments like this; to realize that the most important thing for me to be doing is teaching my children about the Savior, the Book of Mormon and how to feel and recognize the spirit. I just need to be willing to make the effort and the Lord will do the rest.
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment