
Once a year, Paul and I have the opportunity to attend our mission reunion. Last night was just such an occasion. For those of you who don't know, Paul and I served in the same mission; the Ohio Cleveland Mission. We have been home for 5 years now. Time sure goes by fast! I love mission reunions. I love seeing old companions who taught me so many things about sharing the gospel and about living the gospel. As a missionary, I had the opportunity to see lives changed and I gained great friends who continue to inspire me to be better today.I have been sitting here trying to write out how grateful I am for the opportunity that I had to serve a mission, but I really can't put it into words. So I guess I will just say this. One of the first things I learned as a missionary, was that a mission isn't just 18 months or 2 years; it is for our whole life. I saw so many members of the church, whose lives were dedicated to serving the Lord. We have opportunities to serve and share the gospel each day and we are happiest, when we take the opportunities to do so. I guess that is why I love mission reunions. It helps me remember the things I learned as a missionary.
Thanks to Kate and President and Sister Cutler for organizing the reunion!

11 comments:
Laura - looks like you are doing well! Just wanted to let you know I have changed my blog address to:
www.aaronkatie.blogspot.com
OCM! Best mission in North America! Where is Jill?
holla! i loved your comments about serving a mission...you are so happy on your mission and it teaches you so much about how to live your life. Your doing great at contining to live that life laura! thank you for your example....Love you!
Thanks for posting the pictures. I wish I could have came.
Loved your post Laura...Looks like such a fun mission reunion!! I am kind of sad we were not able to go...especially after seeing pics of all the couples on the mission page! Seems like so long ago...but in other ways just yesterday!
Oh, I wish I could have been there. I was looking at the OCM blog and it looks like a blast. It looks like a good turn out. I miss everyone so much! I can't believe it's been that long already.
Great pictures, Laura. It looks like it was a success!! I'll give a shout out to Ohio for y'all. Ohio misses you.
I too will join in...I am sad I missed the reunion especially since I live practically right across the street!! Oh well. I am glad it was a good turn out and that someone was taking pics...it is fun to see everyone :) How are you feeling? Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you. Oh and by the way..."our family" is Emily Albertson...if you don't already know.
did you see robert cox there?
Post a Comment