Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rex Lee Run


I ran my first 5k (well, the first one is not worth mentioning...it was years ago and I came in dead last...enough said). Paul was nice enough to push Parker and Autumn in the stroller and stay with me the whole time.

I am not a runner by any means, so this was a big accomplishment for me. We were about .2 miles into the race, running up University Parkway and I was so tired already. Parker turned to me from the stroller and said, "Is the race almost done, Mommy?" I knew it was time to turn on my music.

I had mostly trained on the treadmill and the track, so having hills in the race made me really tired, but I ran the whole time and I finished! (32 minutes and 31 seconds...not the best time, but more importantly, not the worst time...as in my first 5k experience) It felt great!

6 comments:

Victoria Blanchard said...

Congratulations! University Parkway is a bear! And 10 minute miles are nothing to be ashamed of---I'm the queen of the 10 minute mile! (Or was, before I got pregnant.) Way to go!

Danelle said...

Good job!! That's really good girl. That's just about David's pace too.

Katie said...

I have your pictures but I don't think you sent me the right email, since it came back! I am going to send them on facebook!

I'm proud of you for finishing it - it's hard work!

Ryan said...

good job!

Katie said...

Laura, way to go! That is so cool. I want to do a 5k this summer. I will be a good partner because I will need company at the back! Allthough, I am sure you did wonderful. You go girl!

Nikki said...

Congrats!!! I don't know if I could do it :)