Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lincoln Paul

Lincoln Paul Jones arrived late last night at 11:51pm. He weighed 8 lbs. 6 ozs. and was 20 inches long.

About 4:30pm I started having contractions. They weren't too regular or painful, so I welcomed them. I was very anxious to have to hold this baby boy in my arms, instead of in my 'belly.' The contractions continued as we drove out to Paul's sister, Kim's, house for dinner. I went for a long walk, hoping to keep the contractions going and they kept coming. They didn't seem to be getting worse, but by the time we left to go home it was 8:30pm and the contractions had been coming for 4 hours. At this point, I decided to time them; 10 minutes apart. As I got the kids ready for bed, they continued about the same. And then in one succession, they went to 8 minutes, 6 minutes, 3 minutes, and that last contraction was long and painful. So Paul called Kim and had her head over to our house. It was about 10:30pm, when we finally decided to leave for the hospital. Although, the pain of the contractions was pretty unbearable, I was still afraid that I wasn't really in labor. But, we got to the hospital about 10:50pm and we were looking at our new baby boy just an hour later. Everything happened so fast. I was at a 5, when we arrived, my water broke just after I sat in the bed in the delivery room and I was at a 10 about 5 minutes later. I wasn't able to get an epidural, but I did get a spinal (I am guessing I was only given anything because the doctor wasn't there yet.) I was grateful for it. The doctor ran (literally) into the room while the anesthesiologist was at work. Seconds later, I was completely numb and a few minutes later, little Lincoln was here. It is an exciting story to tell now, but I will be sure to go to the hospital a lot sooner next time. We are so happy to have this new little boy join our family!

Look at those chubby cheeks and that double chin...so cute...
Paul, always pretending to be asleep...

20 comments:

Tim, Niccole, and Neva said...

Congrats Joneses!! What a handsome little guy!

Jill Collier said...

Awwww, congrats! He is adorable! Your family is so cute :)

Bridget said...

Congratulations! He is so beautiful. You look great! I love your little family...of 5! Does that sound huge to you now?! You are such a great bunch! Please let us know if you need anything!

Amanda said...

Congrats on such a beautiful baby boy! How fun!! Hope all is well with you'll :-)

Maryblog said...

Yay Congratulations! Welcome Lincoln! He is so cute! We are so excited for you and glad to have little July 2010 buddies!

SarahWilcox said...

Wahoo! He is adorable! Congrats to you and your family! You guys are great!

Andrea Cutler said...

Congrats!!! He is so cute..I think he looks like Laura. Hope that you are all doing well. Take care!
Love, the Cutlers

Katie said...

Congrats! Cute baby and cute name!

brittani c. said...

Three kids already...wow! Congratulations on your new, sweet little Lincoln. You guys have an adorable little family.

Jill Clark said...

Congratulations!! I can't believe you have number three here already!! He's a doll. I love his name too:) Are you still in Provo?

Unknown said...

Awwww! He's beautiful! Tell Parker & Autumn I love them :) Love you too Laura & Aunt PJ! hahaha

Ron said...

Congratulations! Love the photos.

Rebecca said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad he is here! He is so cute. I can't wait to meet him. We will have to for sure meet up once we get back. Hope everything is going great!

Ryan said...

Congrats! He's beautiful.

Lynsey said...

Congrats! He is adorable!

Meredith Richardson said...

Sooooo cute. Congratulations! You guys look so happy.

Melissa said...

Yay! Good work guys - especially you Laura! So glad he's here!

Uffens Family said...

Congrats on ANOTHER beautiful baby :)You do good work! So happy for you guys!

EJNielsen said...

What a cutie! Congrats to all of you!

Stacy said...

Congratulations! It is so fun to watch your family grow. My two are both going into high school this year. Crazy how fast they grow!
Love,
Kyle and Stacy