Friday, December 10, 2010

Parker and Autumn Tidbits


Above is one of my favorite pictures of Parker. I came down into our family room to find Parker on the couch like this; praying. I had been talking to Parker and stopped when I realized he was praying. When he was finished, I asked him what he was praying about. He said he was asking Heavenly Father to help him catch the ball every time (baseball). He is so cute. In November, we had our Primary Program in Sacrament Meeting. We had Parker practice his line at home quite a bit, but we weren't certain how he would do when he was standing in front of everyone. But he said his part perfectly, although he was staring down into the microphone. His part was: "When Heavenly Father sent us to earth, He sent us to live in families." (A few weeks later, when I was asking Parker if he still remembered his line, Autumn responded first and she said his entire part by herself. I guess we all learned Parker's part!)

Paul has told Parker about his job at the court. He told him that he helps the judge put bad guys in jail. Somewhere along the line, Paul has convinced him that he fights bad guys at work. So the other day, when Parker and Autumn were playing Mom and Dad, Parker said he was leaving for work. He then went into his room and Paul peeked in to see him fighting his stuffed animals (or the bad guys). He really thinks Paul goes to work and fights people!

Autumn seems to be learning so much all of the sudden. She can count to 10. She can pretty much sing the Alphabet and she recognizes a handful of letters (A, B, P, O, Q). She knows the common colors and, as mentioned above, Parker's primary part. She can say most anything, but sometimes it still a little hard to understand. My favorite is when I am asking her if she wants something, like juice, for example, and she will say, "Yes, I love Juice!" But it is more like, "I Wuv juice!" Sadly, she has entered her 2 year old phase, which is turning out to be much more dramatic than Parker ever was. She wants to be Mommy and if you don't call her that, she will quickly remind you. She wants to do everything herself. If things don't go her way, you are in big trouble. Once she gets going, it is hard to snap her out of it. She is kicking, scratching, crying and screaming at the tops of her lungs, "Never, Ever!" This phase doesn't last forever, right? It is a good thing that she is just so cute!

Hugging Timeout


































1 comment:

stephanie said...

Was that "Ticket to Ride"? Great game!