Monday, May 19, 2008

Parker is walking?!

Today, Parker had an appointment with the Provo Early Education Program (PEEP). A Service Coordinator and a Physical Therapist came to our home and did some standardized testing on his fine and gross motor skills. It went well, but before they left I was feeling like they hadn't done much in the way of helping him walk, or even watching him walk with help. But then, the physical therapist set up this little station with our furniture. She started with the chair and ottoman closer together and moved them slowly further apart, moving the balls from one to the other. And sure enough, there he went. I almost cried. He doesn't need the balls to lure him anymore. He thinks it is so fun! I really can't believe it. We have tried to lure him so many times, not with this exact set up, but the same idea and he refused. Thirty minutes with his new best friend, the physical therapist, and he is walking across the room! It is just a few steps, but if you have ever tried to get him to take even one step, then you know how big this is. I am sure you would all like to see for yourself...



11 comments:

Jill said...

Yah Parker!!!! That is so awesome! I was almost crying when I watched it too. He's so proud of himself.

Danielle said...

Okay, so I just hopped right on here after talking to you. How cute is your little Parker. What a doll face. I can't wait to meet him in person.

Victoria Blanchard said...

Way to go Parker! What a great walker!

Jill said...

why is it other people can get our kids to do things in minutes when it takes us forever!! Good job Parker, we knew you had it in you.

Andrew and Trena said...

hey.....i loved reading the blog, but for some reason we cant see the videos???

Katie said...

Yeah! OH, this is so great Laura! I am trying to call you right now, because I want to hear more details! Awesome!

Uffens Family said...

Way to go Parker! I think he just really wanted you to appreciate the moment Laura...Congrats! Fun to see how proud he is!

Danelle said...

WAY TO GO PARKER!! That is so great. That's interesting that that's how it happened. He just looks so cute.

Melissa said...

woo hooooooooooo!! Way to go lil P-Funk. Uncle Dave is sending you some long distance knucks.

Shelly Hyde said...

Good work guys... we knew you could do it.

Rosander said...

That is awesome! Good job! it's such a big milestone!